Sunday, February 13, 2011

New Opportunities

The reading this week out of Groundswell: winning in a world transformed by social technologies discussed the importance of companies being actively involved on the internet and with the Groundswell. Particularly with what companies should hone in on when creating and maintaining social media in regards to the Groundswell. I found this interesting because my parents own a small advertising company in San Antonio named Allied Advertising and the only thing I could think of while reading this chapter is how not involved they are in the Groundswell or even really online for that matter. They could definitely benefit for POST- people, objectives, strategy, and technology. POST is used in building one's groundswell. For the first time I found myself interested in possibly working for my parents which prior to this reading was always a bit of a joke among my family. Every time my parents asked me to work for them I would flat out answer "NO," but it's looking a little more appealing now that I know of something specific that I could do other than screen print (for which I am completely unqualified...for now at least). The Groundswell is opening up opportunities for people to infiltrate the workforce in a completely new and interactive way.

Being active in the Groundswell is crucial for any company that wants to be successful because the social networking sites and blogs can provide ample insight into the strengths and weaknesses of a company as seen by the customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment